We receive a lot of feedback and questions from readers here at EZ Horse Betting. Most of the questions we receive involve online racebooks and betting horses online for real money. Many handicappers love the idea of being able to bet horses with their computer or phone, but some of them want to know about various issues. Is it legal to bet horses online? What states allow horse racing? What is the best horse racing app? Here are the answers to these common horse racing questions.
USA Bettors accepted 🤑
Up to 8% Daily Rebates
USA Bettors accepted 🤑
250% Casino Bonus
ONLY USA Accepted 🤓
3%-5% weekly Rebates
Is It Legal to Bet Horses Online?
The legality of online betting in the United States is a complex matter. Some would even go so far as to say it is a mess. What complicates matters is that states are allowed to establish their own legislation on horse betting online, but the federal government has its own stance. There are multiple battles currently being waged in the United States over online betting. This includes horse race betting, casino gambling, poker, and sports wagering.
The good news for horse racing bettors is that online horse betting is legal in almost every US jurisdiction. The states that DO NOT allow online horse betting are:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
At first glance this is a curious list. For example, Nevada is a state where online racebooks are prohibited. There is no state in the US where more legalized gambling takes place than Nevada. Nebraska, the home of the old Ak-Sar-Ben race track is also a state that does not allow online horse betting. Some of these states also prohibit live racing.
If you happen to live overseas things are a little better. Most European countries, Australia, and Japan allow online horse betting. Other countries have always been more open to gambling than the US.
Even if you live in a US area that does not specifically allow online horse betting, you still may be able to create an account and wager with an offshore online racebook like Bovada. Bovada accepts US players from all 50 states. Of course, you are responsible for knowing the laws in your local area before you start to make horse racing bets online.
What States Allow Horse Racing?
Horse racing is one of the oldest forms of gambling that is permitted in the United States. It has been around since the 1800’s, and its history dates even farther back in Europe. Many states in the US allow horse racing and wagering. There are a few states that do not permit live racing venues.
- Nevada does not have any physical race tracks at this time that are active, although live racing is not strictly prohibited by state law. An annual event in Ely called the White Pines Horse Races is allowed.
- Alaska and Hawaii do not allow live horse racing
- Mississippi and Missouri have no active race tracks
- North Carolina does not allow horse racing or parimutuel betting
- Georgia does not allow horse racing or parimutuel wagering
There are some states like South Carolina that allow horse racing but do not permit parimutuel betting. This seems to be pointless. The great majority of people who attend live horse racing do so because they are able to bet on the horses.
What is the Best Horse Racing App?
In our mobile society many people prefer to pick up their phone to make a horse racing bet with an Android or iOS app. Many online racebooks have apps for phones and tablets. You can usually download these from the racebook’s website or search for them in Google Play or the App Store.
The TVG horse racing app is one that many people enjoy, especially those who have a TVG account. It allows individuals to watch live races, access racing programs and betting menus, and place bets. We, however, prefer, to use a browser to access the Bovada online racebook from a mobile device. You can log into your Bovada account and make all the horse bets you would like. The site is mobile-friendly and displays on all devices.
If you are looking for a horse racing information app you might want to check out the apps for Equibase and the Daily Racing Form. These apps will give you useful information that can be used to handicap and pick winners at your favorite online racebook.
Are you ready to take advantage of betting the horses at an online racebook? We encourage you to check out the online racebooks recommended by EZ Horse Betting. You can get a nice welcome bonus on your first deposit when you sign up today! See our Bovada racebook review, Twinspires review or even our Betamerica review. All great choice if you are in the US. 5Dimes review for folks anywhere!
- What are the 5 Best Horse Racing Bets? and What are the 5 Worst Horse Racing Bets?
- How do you Win a Horse Bet?
- What’s The Best Way To Bet On Horses?
- What Is An Exacta Box Bet?
- What Is The Best Online Horse Betting Site?
- What is a Jigger in Horse Racing?
- What is the Cost of Making Horse Racing Bets?
- How Do You Place A Bet On The Horse Track?
- What Happened to EZ Horseplay?
- What is a betting exchange?
- How to Watch Horse Racing Online?
- What Is A Listed Race In Horse Racing? & What is point to point race?
- How Do I Place A Bet Online?
- Where Can I Bet On Horse Racing?
- Is Online Horse Betting Legal?
- The Craziest Bets In The History Of Horse Racing
- How Does The Pick 6 Payout Work In Horse Racing?
- What Are Mandatory Payouts In Horse Racing?
- Horse Racing Questions Everyone Is Embarrassed To Ask
- How To Get Free Bets In Horse Racing?
- How do you place a bet in horse Racing?
- To Bet On Horses & Win?