Horseracing is all about the magnificent animal known as the thoroughbred racehorse. While there are other types of horseracing that involve Standardbreds, Quarterhorses, Arabians, and even paint horses, the most popular type of racing to be found around the world is restricted to thoroughbreds.
The thoroughbred racehorse has an amazing history. Each thoroughbred in existence today can directly trace its lineage to one of three original sires—the Darley Arabian, the Godolphin Arabian, and the Byerley Turk. Detailed birth records are maintained by the Jockey Club to authenticate each thoroughbred’s noble heritage. Whenever you touch a thoroughbred racehorse, you are touching a piece of living history! Check out Which Was The Fastest Horse Ever?
EZ Horse Betting Fun Fact
All registered thoroughbreds, regardless of the actual date they were foaled, have an official birthdate of January 1st. This is to maintain conformity of races that are restricted to thoroughbreds of a certain age.
The thoroughbred is a magnificent marvel of speed and endurance. Of all the animals known to man, only the thoroughbred is capable of running a mile in one minute and forty seconds or less! Despite their awesome running power, thoroughbreds are very fragile creatures. Their bodies are composed of many small bone groups and ligaments and tendons than can be permanently injured with comparative ease. Taking care of a thoroughbred’s health is a huge responsibility.
In this section of the EZ Horse Betting Website you will learn about the life of the thoroughbred. You’ll get a behind the scenes look at what a thoroughbred eats, how they exercise, their living environment, and much more. You’ll also learn how to spot signs in a horse that could reveal nagging injuries. This is important information for you to have as a handicapper.
- Arrogate: How Good Is Arrogate?
- Count Fleet
- Distorted Humor
- Dynaformer Racehorse
- Ferdinand Racehorse – Sad Story
- Foolish Pleasure
- Funny Cide
- Gallant Fox
- Man o’ War Racehorse
- Peppers Pride
- Phar Lap
- Seattle Slew
- Secretariat. Nicknamed “Big Red”
- Smarty Jones Racehorse
- Spectacular Bid
- Sunday Silence
- Silver Charm
- War Admiral
- Wise Dan
- Zippy Chippy : The horse that lost 100 races!
This may be an interesting read too:
- Own a Racehorse with a Horseracing Partnership
- The Darley Arabian, Godolphin Arabian, and Byerley Turk are the ancestral sires of all thoroughbreds
- Weights in Horse Racing
- The 12 Greatest Race Horses of All Time
- Gun Runner Defeats Arrogate In Breeders’ Cup Classic
- The End Of The Byerley Turk Horse Racing Bloodline
- Cheap Horses That Run Behind Stay Behind
- What Happens To Race Horses When They Stop Racing?
- What is a Jigger in Horse Racing?
- Australia’s Greatest Race Horse – Phar Lap
- Justify Failed Drug Test Before Winning The Triple Crown
- Vino Rosso Claims Victory In Tragic Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Do Race Horses Get Treated Well
- The Legend Behind The Lucky Horseshoe
- The Top Five Tragic Accidents In Horseracing